Pies and Pastries by Lana is lead by Lana Shope, formerly Lana Ross, award-winning baker. Lana grew up on a small dairy farm and owned a restaurant at the age of twenty. During 18 years of food competition Lana won hundreds of awards in categories including pies, rolls, cookies, main dishes, soups, vegetables and quiche. At the Iowa State Fair Lana won “Sweepstakes” in rolls three times and “Reserve Sweepstakes” four times and “Sweepstakes” in pies five times and “Reserve Sweepstakes” four times. Additional top awards include:
- Best Cookie of the Iowa State Fair (Orange Frosted)
- Best Dinner Roll of the Iowa State Fair (Lemon Basil Rolls & Potato Rolls)
- 1st Place Overall & Reserve Sweepstakes King Arthur Flour Yeast Rolls, Iowa State Fair 2014
- Tone’s Spices Cinnamon Rolls, Iowa State Fair 2012
- 1st Place National Pie Championship, Amateur, American Pie Council 2009
Lana wrapped up her Iowa State Fair competition days in 2015 then began judging in 2016 and sponsoring a pie competition in 2017. She also teaches specialty baking classes around Central Iowa.
Meredith Leaton is our top baker. Angie Klokowski handles administrative tasks and pie orders and Julie Fleming specializes in social media and photography. We work hard and have fun building community and spreading love through pie.